Sunday, September 30, 2007

The end of my white night

The end of my white night
On my way home after some wee hour Nuit Blanche exploring, it was time for a coffee. For my luck, the McDonald's I passed had started serving its breakfast menu. After all that walking, an egg McMuffin combo hit the spot.

Overall, I would have to say that I was a little disappointed with the outdoor installations I came across in my wanderings. Perhaps I missed some really cool stuff, but my impression is that last year's Nuit Blanche participants had more originality. Or rather, their goal was purely art. This year, it seemed that part of the goal was to entertain. Maybe they just tried harder last year since it was the first one and there were important guests coming to town for the event (e.g., the Mayor of Paris). In any case, for me, the girls eating the cakes all night at Dundas and University last year (in the cold drizzly weather no less) still take the cake!

No comments: